Asbestos and plasterboard
Asbestos and plasterboard are hazardous substances which can cause serious health problems.
They must be handled with care and disposed of safely.
We do not collect asbestos or plasterboard from households.
They must be disposed of at the Lynnbottom Recycling Centre only.
We are not able to accept asbestos at Afton Marsh HWRC due to Environment Agency permit restrictions.
Limited amounts of cement bonded asbestos can be thrown away at the Lynnbottom Recycling Centre.
Cement bonded asbestos are the standard, corrugated sheets of asbestos used to build garages, sheds, etc.
You need a permit to dispose of domestic asbestos and plasterboard at Lynnbottom Recycling Centre.
Permits are restricted to up to 60kg free of charge per household in a 6-month period.
If you are a householder and you wish to dispose more than 60kg of asbestos or plasterboard from your home, there will be a charge.
the charges on commercial waste.
Apply for a permit
You will get a ‘unique reference number’ after submitting the form.
You will need to show this reference number when getting rid of asbestos or plasterboard at the Lynnbottom Recycling Centre.
If you need to pay a charge for disposing asbestos or plasterboard the following payment methods are accepted:
- credit or debit card payments
A cheque guarantee card (for example, a debit or credit card) will need to be shown at the time of payment.
Cash payments are not accepted at Lynnbottom Recycling Centre.
- All asbestos must be double-bagged or wrapped in heavy duty plastic.
- These bags must be securely cable-tied or taped shut before arrival.
- All asbestos must be in unbroken sheets and be domestic in origin.
- Plasterboard must be clean with no attachments e.g. tiles
- Staff on site will direct you to the correct container in which to place your domestic asbestos.