Apply to start Secondary school September 2024
How to apply to start secondary school in September 2024
Transferring to secondary school in September 2024
The online school admissions round to enable you to apply for a secondary school for September 2024 is now closed.
How do I make a late application for a secondary school place?
- Download and read the Educating your Child booklet (PDF, 849KB) - this explains the admission process
- Download and complete Secondary School application form (PDF, 105KB)
- Email a scan or photograph of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, post a hard copy to School Admissions, Isle of Wight Council, County Hall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1UD, or deliver a copy to Reception at County Hall
- to request a paper copy, contact School Admissions
- applications received after the closing date will be processed as 'late' and after applications received before the deadline
- fill in three preferred secondary schools, known as your 'preferences' - naming the same school more than once will not increase your chances of an offer at that school
- if you are not offered a place at your preferred school, you will be allocated a place at the nearest school with space - this could be some distance away
Additional information for Christ the King College or The Island Free School applications
If you would like your child to attend Christ the King College or The Island Free School you must also:
- download and complete the supplementary information form for Christ the King College or you can get a copy direct from the College.
- download and complete the supplementary information form for Island Free School - available from their website.
- the complete supplementary information form must be returned directly to the college or school.
- all supplementary information forms received after the closing date are considered as 'Late'.
- forms will be processed after those that were received by the time and date stated in their Admissions Policy
- please ensure you have completed and submitted both the Local Authority Application Form and the School Supplementary Information Form
- if you do not complete and submit both forms, your application will not be processed until after those who have
Application closing date
The closing date for secondary school applications was midnight on Tuesday, 31 October 2023.
- All applications and changes received after the closing date will be considered as 'Late'.
- Forms will be processed after the applications that were received by the published closing date.
What do I need to do if I do
not require a school place for my Child?
For September 2024, if your child will be:
- home educated
- attending an Independent School (for example Priory School, Ryde School)
- or you will be moving abroad
You will need to give us your child’s full name, date of birth and the education your child will be receiving for Year 7 in September 2024.
National Offer day
National Offer day is the day parents will be notified by the School Admissions and Transport team with an offer of a place at a secondary school. National Offer day for secondary school places will be Friday 1 March 2024.
Parents and guardians who applied online by the closing date will have received an email from us on 1 March 2024 notifying them of the school where a place has been allocated for their child. Letters will be sent second class on this day to those parents and guardians who did not apply online and to the parents and guardians who will be receiving additional information.
School Admissions are not able to confirm the child's allocated secondary school by telephone.
Waiting lists will be established on Friday 15 March 2024.
Following the admissions consultation, it was approved on 8 April 2014 that priority areas were removed and that parents are able to apply for a place at the nearest secondary school to their home address.
If you are unsure of your child’s nearest secondary school, you can search for the secondary school nearest to your home address by viewing the schools location map.
The last date that applications or changes to existing applications can be made prior to National Offer Day Friday 9 February 2024. The system will then close down to enable the process for the allocation of secondary school places to take place.
The system will reopen on Friday 8 March 2024. All new applications or changes to details on original applications will be processed from this date. Any changes to existing applications must be received in writing.
Email your changes to email@example.com you need to give us your child’s full name, date of birth, home address and your preferred schools in order of preference (you can name up to three).
September 2024 admissions policies
All through school years 0 to 11:
- Christ the King College Admissions Policy (PDF, 339KB) and Christ the King College Supplementary Information Form