About Island schools
We operate a two-tier system of schools with 48 local authority maintained schools or academies which are made up as follows:
- 38 primary schools for pupils aged 4 to 11years
- six secondary schools for pupils aged 11 to 19 years
- one all-through school for pupils aged 4 to 16 years
- two mixed-sex special schools. One for primary aged pupils and one for secondary aged and sixth form pupils
- one Pupil Referral Unit for pupils aged 11 to 16 years
View our location map for primary schools.
View our location map for secondary schools.