NHS patient parking
If you have to travel to the mainland for NHS treatment, you can claim back parking costs.
You may request free parking in advance, or claim back the cost of parking at:
- Quay Road car park, Ryde
- River Road car park, Yarmouth
How to request parking in advance:
- Send a scan of your NHS appointment letter showing the dates of your appointment and your vehicle registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then cover your vehicle for parking using our virtual parking system. Please be aware that we will require this information at least 2 working days before your first appointment date.
How to claim parking costs
- Send a scan of your NHS appointment letter and proof of parking costs to email@example.com
- Or you can post your claim to PO Box 239, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 9FQ.
Please note the following:
- Send a copy of your NHS appointment letter within 28 days of the appointment date. The letter must clearly show the time and date of the appointment.
- Send the Pay and Display ticket OR the registration number of the PayByPhone payment as proof of parking.
- If you paid with PayByPhone the card registered on that account will be refunded. Please note that the PayByPhone transaction fee cannot be refunded.
- If you paid at a machine, please provide your daytime contact telephone number as we will need to call you to take your bank account number, sort code and postal address to enable the refund to be made by BACS.
- Parking Services will check the information supplied and issue the refund once verified.
will only be made for single use parking sessions and not for weekly/monthly
- The following types of travel are not covered by the scheme:
- Patients travelling for private treatment
- Patients attending treatment at a private hospital
- Patients attending appointments with GPs, pharmacists, dentists, or opticians
- Patients in receipt of benefits which would entitle them to claim under the Hospital Travel Costs scheme
- Retrospective applications
*Parking Process for Long Term Treatment
If you have received a letter from the NHS to show that you have 3 or more pending appointments within a 4 week period and you need parking in Quay Road car park, Ryde, please email a copy of this with your vehicle registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then contact you to tell of the most appropriate process for parking your vehicle. Please be aware that we will require this information at least 5 days before your first appointment date.