Report a contravention
How to report a parking contravention
You can report a contravention using the online form if a vehicle is parked in contravention of a traffic regulation order.
Parking Enforcement Officers will attend if resources are available to do so.
When can we respond to a contravention report?
We can respond to a report if a vehicle is parked:
- blocking a driveway – the report can only be made by the resident of the property
- obstructing a dropped kerb/tactile crossing
- on single yellow lines (when not permitted) without a valid disabled badge
- on double yellow lines without a valid disabled badge
- on single or double yellow lines with a disabled badge for longer than permitted
- contravening any parking regulations
- on a pavement with double yellow lines adjacent to the kerb
When are we unable to respond to a contravention report?
We are unable to respond if:
- a vehicle is parked on private property
- there is no parking restriction at the location (for example, no waiting restriction, no bay markings, no yellow lines)
- a vehicle is parked in an advisory disabled bay (generally found in residential areas without a regulatory sign)
- a vehicle is parked on a pavement without double yellow lines adjacent to the kerb
- a vehicle is not parked contravening any parking regulations
- the report relates to a lack of TAX or MOT – vehicles without Tax or MOT should be reported directly to the DVLA
- the report relates to a perceived abandoned vehicle – abandoned vehicles should be reported directly to Island Roads
a valid report is received, Parking Enforcement Officers will attend if
resources are available to do so
- due to the high volume of
reports received, it is not possible to notify individuals of the outcome of a
- the online form is to be used to report valid contraventions only
- we are unable to respond if the form is used for other purposes
- forms are not processed over the weekend or on a bank holiday. If you wish to report a contravention on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, call 01983 821105