How to apply for a parking suspension
A suspension request may be made using the online form. You can do this when a
parking bay or bays are required for a particular valid activity. It should only be
requested when the activity can't be performed from another position or parking
When will a parking bay suspension be considered?
Parking bay suspensions will be considered for:
- removal vehicles
- shop fitting vehicles
- building operations where proximity to the site is essential
- highway maintenance/utility works
- skip/scaffolding to be placed on the highway
- wedding or funeral vehicles
- vehicles essential to filming operations
- other circumstances where we consider the need to be essential
When will a parking bay suspension request not be considered?
Parking bay suspensions cannot be considered:
- if a request is being made for convenience rather than necessity
- where there are no parking restrictions, for example where there are no designated parking bays
What does a parking suspension cost?
The standard cost for suspending a parking
bay is £20.00 per day. Payment by debit or credit card is required before a
suspension is granted.
- requests should be made at least five working days before the suspension start date. It may not be possible to approve shorter notice requests
- alterations to times, dates or locations cannot be made after the form has been submitted. Refunds will not be given even if the event doesn’t go ahead.
- for skips, scaffolding or other building materials/machinery to be placed on the highway, a licence should be obtained from Island Roads.