IW Youth – your voice and support

There are occasions when you might not be happy with the service you get from your social worker, foster carer, or any other service member. When this happens, it is important we offer you support to know what your options are. 


Advocacy is when someone helps your voice to be heard. Professional advocates are independent from Children's Services and know a lot about what your rights are. They will help you to fully understand your situation and talk through what you might like to do if you want something changed.

Professional advocates:

Support for you

Sometimes it might not be about help to have your voice heard; it might be about getting help. Your social worker should be a good support for you if you are not happy. They will work with you on what the problems are and help to resolve them. If you don't want to speak to someone you know face to face, there are a few options that will provide you with information and guidance, such as:

  • our Island Futures team provide support regarding careers advice and education
  • free, confidential advice and support whatever your worry, whenever you need help, call Childline on 0800 1111
  • the NSPCC is a leading children's charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK and Channel Islands.