A reading group is a great way of sharing the love of reading and inspiring you to try something different. Our library service supports at least one reading group in each library on the island. Some of the groups meet in the libraries, some in people's homes and some in shops, cafes and pubs.
- A group ticket for reserving books for the group
- Sets of books for reading groups
- Free reservations for reading group sets
- Structured discussion questions for specific titles
- Free advertising for the book groups in our libraries and on our website
- No fines for overdue reading group books
If you would like to find an existing reading group in a library near you, please take a look at the library webpages below. If the details of the reading group are not listed, contact the library using the contact details on their page.
- Bembridge Community Library
- Brightstone Community Library
- Cowes Library
- East Cowes Community Library
- Edward Edwards Community Library (Niton)
- Freshwater Library
- Lord Louis Library (Newport)
- Ryde Library
- Sandown Library
- Shanklin Community Library
- Ventnor Library
Follow our guide to set up your own reading group (PDF, 161KB, 4 pages). Alternatively, you can ask a member of staff at your local library for help. View or download a list of reading group sets (PDF, 574KB, 55 pages) currently available from the library service.