The allotment waiting list is temporarily closed. The current waiting list time for being offered an allotment has now reached five to seven years.
With immediate effect, on a temporary basis, the waiting list will close. We will monitor the sites closely. We will ensure that all plots are being cultivated in line with the terms and conditions of use. Appropriate action will be taken if a plot remains uncultivated.
Once the list reduces to a manageable number, we will open the list again to new applicants.
What allotments are
Allotments are small areas of land that have been set aside for cultivation by renting tenants. Allotment gardens provide a wide range of benefits to the community and the environment. They are not just important for low-cost food production. They also provide a valuable, recreational opportunity involving healthy activities and social interaction. This can become a way of life for many people. Nothing is as rewarding as growing your own fresh fruit, vegetables, and flowers. Our allotment service manages a range of sites along with the parish or town councils.
Our allotment sites
Rental for these allotments is billed yearly on the first Monday of September from our Customer Account Services.
- Grove Road, Wroxall
- Dovecotes, Merstone
- Fort Mews, Sandown
- Hyde Destructor, Shanklin
- Long Meadow, Westhill Road, Shanklin
- Barn Ground, Lake
For any queries, contact us direct.
Town or parish councils and other associations allotment sites
These are allotment sites managed by either the town or parish councils or other associations:
- Ryde Town Council (for more information, call 01983 811105)
- Alfred Street, Ryde
- Uplands Road, Haylands
- Quarry Road, Ryde
- Marlborough Road, Ryde
- Mayfield Road, Ryde
- Newport Parish Council (for more information, call 01983 559119)
- Old Pan, Newport
- Hillside Quay Harbour, Newport
- Clatterford Road, Carisbrooke
- Castle Road, Carisbrooke
- Field House, Carisbrooke
- Miller Lane, Carisbrooke
- Brading Town Council (for more information, call 01983 401770)
- Nettlestone and Seaview Parish Council (for more information, call 01983 562257)
- Alvington Road, Newport (managed by an association and details are displayed on the allotment site)
- Moorgreen Road, Cowes (managed by an association, email Moorgreen.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Vectis Road, East Cowes (managed by Vectis Association, please refer to the Vectis Road Allotment (VERA) group on Facebook for more information)
- St Boniface Fields (managed by Ventnor Town Council, and for more information, email Alison@ventnortowncouncil.org.uk).