Student discounts and exemptions
If you are a student living on the Isle of Wight, you may be eligible for a Council Tax discount or exemption.
- follow the academic year or last at least 24 weeks
- include at least 21 hours of study a week.
- last at least 12 weeks
- include at least 12 hours of study a week.
Who is eligible
You can get a discount or exemption if:
- everyone living in the property is a full-time student
- some people are full-time students.
If everyone living in the house is a student, you can apply for an exemption.
If there are other adults living in the house that are not students, you can apply for a disregard.