Housing grants and adaptations

We understand it is best to remain in your home if possible. If you have health issues, a disability, or changing circumstances, and you need to make your home fit for purpose, let us know.

You may need to make some minor or major adjustments to your home, such as installing a shower seat or building a wheelchair ramp. For minor adaptations, you can refer yourself or someone else to our Community Equipment Service.

For information about our equipment service and making your home more functional for disabilities and age-related needs, visit our daily living aids page.

Major adaptations

For major adaptations, we can help you find local services or apply for entitlements, such as a Disabled Facilities Grant. Also, see our guidance on adaptations for disabled people. Call NRS Healthcare on 01983 215774 for more information.

To have your needs assessed for this grant, you may be referred by an occupational therapist or medical professional. Our housing renewal officer will then provide you with an assessment.

Find out more about the government’s Disabled Facilities Grant guidelines for your local authority.

If you are renting, your landlord may be eligible for assistance if they are a registered social provider with the housing association.

Other grants

There may be other grants available to you, such as to improve energy and heating efficiency.

Visit safe and comfortable homes for more information.  If you still have any questions about housing grants and needs for your home, contact our housing renewal team.