Contract Type: Fixed term contract in the first instance to 31/08/2023
Hours: 5.75 per week, term time only. (Monday - Wednesday 12.00pm – 1.15pm) and (Thursday - Friday 12.00pm – 1.00pm)
MID-DAY SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
COWES PRIMARY SCHOOL, Edinburgh Close, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8HF
Tel: 01983 293261
Headteacher: Stephanie Praetig
Cowes Primary School is a very welcoming school whose team of enthusiastic staff and governors are committed to excellence and continuous improvement, to inspire and motivate our pupils to achieve their best.
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for an enthusiastic Mid-day Supervisory Assistant to join our team of friendly, supportive staff. This post is available immediately.
· Supervise the children in the dining area, playground, field and school premises.
· Clean up spillages – ensure tables are clean.
· Encourage social skills and good table manners ensuring safety with knives and forks.
· Encourage and assist children to eat their dinner, especially those with special needs or disabilities. Being aware of pupils with special dietary requirements or restricted diets for medical reasons from information provided at the school. Assisting pupils with cutting up food, pouring liquids etc. where necessary.
· Administer First Aid treatment (only once qualified).
· Assist children with toileting when necessary.
· Dealing with body spillages in the dining hall in accordance with infection control procedures, ensure pupil goes to the medical room if appropriate.
· Organise games for the playground. Discouraging any dangerous activities. Dealing with any unacceptable or challenging behaviour under the direction of guidelines in operation at the school.
· Reporting any bad behaviour and incidents.
If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you.
For further information and an application pack, please contact the school office on 01983 293261 or via email: email@example.com. Application forms and further information are also available on our website www.cowesprimaryschool.co.uk under the vacancies section. Completed applications should be returned to the school.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all school staff are employed directly by the Isle of Wight Council, you can ask on application who the employer for this role will be.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
This role falls within the strategic partnership between the Isle of Wight Council and Hampshire County Council. The employer will be the Isle of Wight Council and employment is on Isle of Wight terms and conditions. Hampshire County Council has delivered, on behalf of the Isle of Wight Council, all of its children’s services functions and will continue to do so until 2023. The original five-year partnership arrangement under direction of the Secretary of State finished in 2018 but has been extended voluntarily by both local authorities for a further five years.
The management reporting line for this role is ultimately through Hampshire County Council Children’s Services Director/Assistant Director and managers who take operational responsibility for children’s services.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Recruitment, Policy and Procedure and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2023 at 12.00pm noon.
Interview Date: w/c 27th March 2023